Urology. Erectile Dysfunction. Penile Implant (prosthesis)
Urology (Pediatric and Adult)
Urology is the Branch of Medicine That Focuses on Urinary Tract and Male Reproductive System
Urology is a medical specialty that deals with the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the urinary tract and male reproductive system. The urinary tract includes the kidneys, ureters, bladder, and urethra, while the male reproductive system includes the testicles, epididymis, vas deferens, prostate gland, and penis. Urologists are trained to treat both men and women, but they primarily focus on male patients.
Conditions Treated by Urologists
Urologists are trained to diagnose and treat a wide range of conditions related to the urinary tract and male reproductive system. Some of the common conditions that urologists treat include:
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs): UTIs are caused by bacteria that infect the urinary tract, and they can cause pain and discomfort when urinating, as well as frequent urges to urinate.
- Kidney Stones: Kidney stones are hard mineral deposits that form in the kidneys and can cause severe pain and discomfort when passing through the urinary tract.
- Prostate Cancer: Prostate cancer is a type of cancer that develops in the prostate gland, which is part of the male reproductive system.
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED): ED is a condition in which a man has difficulty achieving or maintaining an erection.
- Infertility: Urologists can help diagnose and treat male infertility, which can be caused by a variety of factors such as low sperm count or poor sperm motility.
- Incontinence: Incontinence is a condition in which a person has difficulty controlling their bladder or bowels, leading to unintentional leaks.
Our Hospital Is Accredited By JCI
Organization Accredited by Joint Commission International
Urological Tests and Procedures
Urologists use a variety of tests and procedures to diagnose and treat urological conditions. Some of the common tests and procedures that urologists perform include:
- Urinalysis: This is a test that analyzes a urine sample to look for signs of infection, blood, or other abnormalities.
- Ultrasound: This is a non-invasive imaging test that uses sound waves to produce images of the urinary tract and male reproductive system.
- Cystoscopy: This is a procedure that involves using a small camera to examine the inside of the bladder and urethra.
- Biopsy: This is a procedure that involves taking a small tissue sample from the prostate gland or other parts of the urinary tract to look for signs of cancer or other abnormalities.
- Vasectomy: This is a surgical procedure that involves cutting or blocking the vas deferens to prevent the release of sperm during ejaculation.
- Nephrectomy: This is a surgical procedure that involves removing one or both kidneys, usually to treat kidney cancer or severe kidney damage.
Urologists perform a wide range of surgical procedures, including:
- Vasectomy: This is a surgical procedure that involves cutting or blocking the vas deferens, the tube that carries sperm from the testicles to the penis. Vasectomy is a form of permanent birth control for men.
- Circumcision: This is a surgical procedure that involves removing the foreskin that covers the head of the penis. Circumcision is typically performed for religious, cultural, or medical reasons.
- Prostatectomy: This is a surgical procedure that involves removing all or part of the prostate gland. Prostatectomy may be performed to treat prostate cancer or an enlarged prostate.
- Nephrectomy: This is a surgical procedure that involves removing one or both kidneys. Nephrectomy may be necessary to treat kidney cancer, a kidney infection, or a kidney injury.
- Cystectomy: This is a surgical procedure that involves removing all or part of the bladder. Cystectomy may be necessary to treat bladder cancer or a condition called interstitial cystitis.
- Ureteroscopy: This is a minimally invasive surgical procedure that involves using a small camera and instruments to remove kidney stones or other blockages in the ureter, the tube that carries urine from the kidneys to the bladder.
Erectile Dysfunction: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatments
Erectile dysfunction (ED) is a common condition that affects millions of men worldwide. ED is defined as the inability to achieve or maintain an erection sufficient for sexual intercourse. While ED is more common in older men, it can affect men of all ages.
Causes of Erectile Dysfunction
There are many factors that can contribute to ED, including:
- Physical causes: Physical causes of ED include diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, and obesity. Other physical causes include injury to the pelvic area or spinal cord, hormonal imbalances, and certain medications.
- Psychological causes: Psychological causes of ED include anxiety, depression, stress, and relationship problems.
- Lifestyle factors: Lifestyle factors such as smoking, excessive alcohol consumption, and drug use can also contribute to ED.
Symptoms of Erectile Dysfunction
The primary symptom of ED is the inability to achieve or maintain an erection sufficient for sexual intercourse. Other symptoms may include:
- Reduced sexual desire or libido
- Difficulty achieving an erection
- Inability to maintain an erection
- Premature ejaculation
- Delayed ejaculation
Treatment Options for Erectile Dysfunction
There are several treatment options available for ED, including:
- Medications: Medications such as sildenafil (Viagra), tadalafil (Cialis), and vardenafil (Levitra) are commonly used to treat ED. These medications work by increasing blood flow to the penis, which can help a man achieve and maintain an erection.
- Vacuum erection devices: A vacuum erection device (VED) is a device that creates a vacuum around the penis, drawing blood into the penis to create an erection. Once an erection is achieved, a ring is placed at the base of the penis to maintain the erection.
- Penile injections: Penile injections involve injecting medication directly into the penis to help achieve an erection. The medication used in these injections is called alprostadil.
- Penile implants: Penile implants are devices that are surgically implanted into the penis to help a man achieve an erection. There are two types of penile implants: inflatable implants and malleable implants.
- Lifestyle changes: Lifestyle changes such as losing weight, quitting smoking, and reducing alcohol consumption can also help improve ED.
Penile Prosthesis is one of the most efficient solutions for Erectile Dysfunction: Types, Benefits, and Risks
Penile prosthesis, also known as a penile implant, is a medical device that is surgically implanted into the penis to help a man achieve and maintain an erection. Penile prosthesis is a treatment option for men who suffer from erectile dysfunction (ED) and have not responded to other treatments such as medications, injections, or vacuum devices.
Types of Penile Prosthesis
There are two main types of penile prosthesis:
- Inflatable Penile Prosthesis (IPP): An inflatable penile prosthesis consists of three components: a fluid-filled reservoir, a pump, and two cylinders that are implanted into the penis. The reservoir is implanted under the abdominal wall or in the scrotum, while the pump is implanted in the scrotum. When the man wants to achieve an erection, he squeezes the pump in the scrotum, which sends fluid from the reservoir into the cylinders, creating an erection.
- Malleable Penile Prosthesis (MPP): A malleable penile prosthesis consists of two bendable rods that are implanted into the penis. The rods can be bent up or down to create an erection or to make the penis flaccid. MPPs are simpler than IPPs and do not require a pump or fluid reservoir.
Penile Implants Surgery At Medistate Hospital
All you have to do is fill out the form on our website or contact us over whatsapp. Our medical consultant will guide you through a consultation with our top urologists. You will then receive a letter with all the details about the surgery and pricing. Also we can assist you to have a video consultation with one of our surgeons if needed.
98% Satisfied Patients
Our hospital is one of the best private hospitals in Istanbul. At the same time, our prices are quite affordable. Our relationship with our patients is based on respect and the provision of high quality medical services.
Highly Experienced Urologists
All urologists at our hospital have more than 20 years of experience in urology. They are members of local and international associations, participate in prestigious projects in the development of urology and have thousands of satisfied patients.
5 Offices Abroad
Our hospital is located in Istanbul, Turkey. But we have several offices abroad where our staff help local patients. We offer the opportunity to visit our offices and get to know us better.
Benefits of Penile Prosthesis
Penile prosthesis offers several benefits for men with ED, including:
- Improved sexual function: Penile prosthesis can help men achieve and maintain an erection, which can improve their sexual function and quality of life.
- Long-lasting results: Penile prosthesis can provide long-lasting results, allowing men to enjoy sexual intercourse without having to worry about the need for medications or other treatments.
- High success rate: Penile prosthesis has a high success rate, with more than 90% of men reporting satisfaction with the results.
- Natural Appearance and Feel: Modern penile implants are designed to closely mimic the look and feel of a natural erection, giving men and their partners a more satisfying sexual experience.
- Increased Confidence and Self-Esteem: Men who have struggled with erectile dysfunction can experience a significant loss of confidence and self-esteem. Penile implants can help restore that confidence, allowing men to feel more comfortable and confident in their sexual relationships.
- Improved Relationships: Erectile dysfunction can put a strain on romantic relationships, causing stress and anxiety. By improving sexual function, penile implants can help to strengthen relationships and improve overall quality of life for both partners.
- Low Maintenance: Once the implant is in place, there is very little maintenance required. Patients will need to visit their healthcare provider for routine check-ups, but there are no daily or weekly routines that need to be followed.
- Immediate Results: Unlike other treatments for erectile dysfunction, such as medications or injections, penile implants provide immediate results. Men can achieve an erection as soon as they are fully recovered from the surgery.
How To Have Penile Implant Surgery At Medistate Hospital?
Verify Your Eligibility
Although we receive many requests for penile prosthesis surgery, unfortunately, not every patient is suitable for this procedure. We ask that you provide medical reports and brief information about your condition. This will allow our doctors to properly review your case and confirm your suitability for surgery. You can send us your photos by e-mail or Whatsapp.
Decide On A Date
Once you receive your report and are satisfied with its contents, you can choose the appropriate date for your treatment. Please keep in mind that we are usually fully booked for 2-4 weeks. Therefore, we advise our patients to make an appointment in advance, especially if they can only come on certain days due to work or personal commitments.
Fly To Istanbul
You need to arrive in Istanbul the day before the operation. Our driver will pick you up from the airport and take you to your hotel. Your medical consultant will contact you with information about the surgery schedule for the next day.
The following day you will arrive at the hospital. After all necessary examinations and consultations with your doctor, you will undergo surgery. After the surgery, you will stay at the hospital for 1 night and will receive medical care. The next day after the surgery you will be prescribed medicines and all necessary postoperative instructions, after which our driver will take you back to your hotel.
Your doctor will consult with you again the next day before you leave the hospital. You will see the doctor again before you return home. Our relationship with you does not end when you return to your home country. We regularly check on your condition and ask you to answer questions to share your answers with our doctors. Of course, we are always happy to answer your questions, as your peace of mind is of first priority importance to us.
Why Medistate Hospital?
Our Packages Include
We provide packages both without and with accommodation. Patients choose which option suits them the most. The hotels we provide are close to the hospital, so patients can access the hospital quickly. Since Istanbul is a very large city with endless traffic jams, staying close to the hospital is an advantage.
We provide packages both without and with transportation services. Patients choose which option suits them the most. Upon request, patients are given private cars with all the necessary facilities inside. Transportation includes pick-up and drop-off at the airport, transportation between the hotel and the hospital.
Each patient is given a personal assistant on arrival in Istanbul who speaks the patient’s native language. The assistant guides the patient through all stages of their journey. The assistant also continues to help patients after they return home.